My clinical research focuses on sleep in neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's disease (PD). I am currently starting a neuroscience thesis which goal is to find predictive biomarkers during sleep that impact the clinical trajectory of patients with Parkinson's disease. Measures of sleep architecture, explored by polysomnography recording,represent powerful biomarkers of neuronal networks functioning. These may help to predict evolution early because they could be altered long time before patients perceive abnormal sleep. I will focus on the prediction of development of insomnia among de novo PD patients from baseline clinical evaluation and sleep recordings.
After my first and second cycle of medical studies at the university of Burgundy, I did my neurology residency in Paris and got a MD degree in 2014.
During my neurology residency, I completed my Master's in Neurosciences at Pr Isabelle Arnulf‘s Sleep Department at Pitié-Salpêtriere hospital. I studied the impact of dreaming on breathing and heart rate in REM sleep using for the first time in the lab the model of lucid dreaming. This experience introduced me to the sleep discipline, and I decided to specialize in this field. I worked as Chef de clinique – Assistant des Hôpitaux In Neurology Department at Pitié-Salpêtrière hospital where I was particularly interested by movement disorders as Parkinson disease. Since 2016, I am a senior neurologist in Sleep unit and head of rare sleep disorders unit since January 2021. My time is shared between patient care, teaching and clinical research.
1. Speculating on Kleine-Levin Syndrome mechanisms.Arnulf I, Groos E, Dodet P. J Clin Sleep Med. 2021
2. Functional brain imaging using 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computerized tomography in 138 patients with Kleine-Levin syndrome: an early marker? Dudoignon B, TainturierLE, Dodet
P, Bera G, GroosE, Chaumereuil C, Maranci JB, Kas A, Arnulf I. Brain Commun. 2021
3. Sweet or Bland Dreams? Taste Loss in Isolated REM-Sleep Behavior Disorderand Parkinson's Disease.
Nigam M, Ayadi I, Noiray C, Branquino-Bras AC, HerraezSanchez E, Leu-Semenescu S, Vidailhet M, Dodet P, Arnulf I. Mov Disord. 2021
4.Precision Medicine for Idiopathic Hypersomnia. Arnulf I, Leu-Semenescu S, DodetP. Sleep Med Clin. 2019
5. REM sleep respiratory behaviours match mental content in narcoleptic lucid dreamers. Oudiette D, Dodet P, Ledard N, Artru E,Rachidi I, Similowski T, Arnulf I. Sci Rep. 2018
6. Lucid dreaming in narcolepsy. Dodet P, Chavez M, Leu-Semenescu S, Golmard JL,Arnulf I. Sleep 2015.